The Scenic Lakes of North America
North America is a northern subcontinent of the Americas, surrounded by the Arctic Ocean to the north, the Atlantic Ocean to the east, the Pacific Ocean to the south and west and South America and the Caribbean Sea to the southeast. It is made up of numerous countries, islands that add grace to its beauty and make it a wonderful tourist spot. Scenic landscapes, towering mountains, eye-catching attractions and historical heritage are the highlights of this region, which captivate the eyes of its visitors with its majestic charm.
Home to a wide range of lakes, it is a wonderful place for all types of vacation. From Canada to Panama, there are numerous lakes in North America that could be one of the ideas of a quick getaway. Here is the list of the beautiful lakes of this region that have been painted by the artists and described by the poets.
1. Crater Lake, Oregon: Situated in the south-central Oregon, Crater Lake is a part of the Crater Lake National Park that happens to be a natural wonder with an enormous range of breathtaking sights, alluring places and wonderful spots that can steal anyone’s heart away. Surrounded by amazing fauna, it is an amazing place that has the charm of making a vacation a memorable experience.
2. Skilak Lake, Alaska: Skilak Lake is a large lake set on the Kenai Peninsula in the Alaska region that adds grace to the beauty of the North America. Its crystal clear water, rocky bottom, glaciers in the backdrop and alluring landscapes define the elegance of this scenic lake. With 2 campgrounds, a fun-filled vacation can be spent here with a lot of magical memories.
3. Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada: Known for its turquoise blue water, white glaciers and high peaks, Lake Louise is a gem in the crown of the North America. With a large number of hiking trails, steep hills of the Canadian Rockies and eye-pleasing sights this stunning lake is a visual treat to the eyes that catches the eyes of all its visitors. A visit to this lake is a must to know more about its allure.
4. Laguna Catemaco, Veracruz: This freshwater lake in the east-central Mexico is formed by the separation of volcanic eruptions from the Gulf of Mexico. Symbolized as an eco-tourism destination, it is a lovely lake with tropical views, archaeological ruins and ancient carvings. Jungle trekking adventures, sightseeing and mountain trails can be experienced while being here. A mere glimpse of this lake leaves its visitors in the state of awestruck.
5. Emerald Lake, Carcross, Canada: As the name suggests, the water of the lake is that of an emerald and is formed by an unusual phenomenon. Apart from this, scenic views of the lake and breathtaking sights of the surrounding Gray Ridge Mountain make the travelers spellbound and wonder in surprise. The rays of sun falling on the lake create a mesmerizing view, which is hard to find anywhere else.